I didn't want to hang the plain brown board up so I tried to think of what I could do to make it more decorative. My kitchen is done in roosters so I decided to stay with that theme. I found this nice red fabric with roosters all over it--I liked it because it wasn't "too much".
I used some spray adhesive on the board and then covered it with the material. My poor butter knife got to push the excess fabric under the edges. I'm happy with the results (except for the adhesive stuck on my fingers) and now we should all know where all those papers are that we can't usually find. Or better yet, there is a place for all those papers that we don't know what else to do with!