Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Where to put the papers I can't throw away...

I've been really frustrated lately trying to figure out where to put everything. With both kids in school this year, there's double the paperwork. We're always scurrying around trying to find their reading logs or looking for the menu to see if they want to eat school lunch. So...this is what I came up with. I decided to get a really large peg board where I could hang all the papers.




I didn't want to hang the plain brown board up so I tried to think of what I could do to make it more decorative. My kitchen is done in roosters so I decided to stay with that theme. I found this nice red fabric with roosters all over it--I liked it because it wasn't "too much".


I used some spray adhesive on the board and then covered it with the material. My poor butter knife got to push the excess fabric under the edges. I'm happy with the results (except for the adhesive stuck on my fingers) and now we should all know where all those papers are that we can't usually find. Or better yet, there is a place for all those papers that we don't know what else to do with!

2 comments:

  1. How crafty and cute!! I love it!! Great material too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this..I love it (great idea) Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and don't be in awe of me girl, Im really good at making lists but AWFUL at sticking to them, so if you have any suggestions, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails