Friday, September 11, 2009

Just call me Slug

Do you ever have one of those days where it's all you can do to get out of bed?? For some reason all my extremities feel like they've been loaded down with cement bricks and it takes energy to even lift them. It's partly my fault. I was on Facebook last night until almost 2am. I worked 12-hour shifts the last two days and I'm tired.

So, I called hubby and asked him if he'd bring lunch home over his lunch hour. He said that he can take a long lunch hour today and he doesn't want fast food. And why would he?? McDonald's, Burger King, Sonic, KFC, Long John Silver, Arbys, Taco Bell...they don't sound good either...and I'm a Taco Bell junkie. My internal debate began...I could stay home and take a nap, which would quickly be followed by picking up the kids from school. Next question to self...would I feel better or worse after that nap? The house wouldn't be any cleaner, the laundry can't do itself, and my dad (who is in from W. Virginia) is coming over tonight.

Common sense wins. I'm headed to the shower...lunch here I come. Why can't I want a BIG salad without dressing??

2 comments:

  1. Oh I know the feeling. I stayed in my pjs today until 10am and just didn't want to get a shower and get ready. However, once I got my shower and got motivated I had a lot more energy. I always feel better when I do something nice to myself and work out a little. It's just hard to get myself to work out! ha ha! I hope you had a good lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am so with you. There are days I just want to camp out in bed, but I can't with a 7.5month old. I've been staying up too late as well, but last night I went to bed at 9:30 and I feel a lot better this morning!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails