Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th

I don't think any of us will ever forget what we were doing on 9/11, the day America stood still...the day that almost 3000 people (over 2700 of them were Americans) were killed by terrorism on our own soil. I was talking on the phone with my dad that morning, and Jared was upstairs taking a nap, only a month away from his first birthday.

I remember watching the TV for hours, stunned when rescue efforts didn't turn up hardly anyone. I remember the anger that I and the rest of my country felt about these attacks. I remember the courage of so many who helped others, both during the attacks and after. I remember a nation that came together in a way that can make all Americans proud. September 11th should be a special memorial day of some sort and we never will forget. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends who lost loved ones during that very sad time.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Thanks Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails