Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gratitude Attitude

I was just reading Theta Mom's post Life is Beautiful, and I'm realizing I need an "attitude adjustment" in a big way!! One of the comments left to her discussed her "gratitude attitude" and I thought how descriptive that is.

I've shared before how hubby and I sold our house, moved away, moved back home, spent all our money, and went into debt...did I ever mention that this was right after a bankruptcy?? Sometimes I still feel humiliated that we ever had to go down that road and it was finalized two years ago, this December. In August we had our 13 year anniversary and I can honestly say that we are NOT where I thought we'd be now. We got married at ages 20 and 21 and I think we both had unrealistic expectations--like we could go out and do whatever we wanted and somehow become financially independent and wind up with the most phenomenal relationship ever.

What I often forget is that I have so much to be thankful for! I've never gone hungry, I've always had a roof over my head, I have a good man with two fabulous kids, I have a good job...and my list goes on. The other night I left a post saying that I want my Joy to learn how to dance in the rain. I need to be a good example to her and teach her how to do exactly that!

I've often heard "Let go and let God" which at times seems really hard to do and seems like such a cliche. I came across this article from Work Ministry and thought this was really incredible and unfortunately, easily forgotten or put aside.

Let Go: Let God Fill Your Need
By Mary Kupferle
If you are anxious, tense, or concerned about anything in your life, dear friend, begin now to relax, let go and let God fill your need.

No matter what seems to be missing from your life-be it a much loved person, a special place, an activity of great value or a feeling of well-being – release and let go, knowing that God is right now filling your need.
Take a deep breath. Release it slowly, telling yourself quietly: I let go, I let God fill my need.

Accept the reality that God’s wisdom is ever present and available, ready to fill you with new understanding, light and life. Let God fill every void, every emptiness that seems to separate you from the desires of your heart. Let go! Let God fill your need.

God’s light and substance and divine activity will come forth and move in and through you as you let go. God’s creative process is awaiting your acceptance of its productive, healing action. Let your thoughts be lifted up. Let the presence of God dissolve your fears and doubts and fill every gap of unbelief. Let go and let God within you do the work.

Begin now to relax from the strain and effort of questioning, planning and reasoning.Take a few moments throughout the day to calm your thinking and place all your attention upon the words: I let go: I let God fill my need.

Immediately, benefits will be felt and become visible and tangible, inside and out. You will feel renewed strength and faith and courage. Because more of God’s presence has become active within you, your prayers will be more effective and your understanding of the presence of God within you will be clearer. As you continue to release dependence upon human forces or personal strength, you will find that God’s love takes care of what you cannot accomplish. As you let go, God will freely and abundantly fill every need.

God always provides knowledge, guidance, understanding, faith, healing, support or whatever else is needed in your life. Whatever your life experience appears to be, you have, at this moment, an opportunity to let go personal striving and let God move in you and through you to fill every need.

During the most critical point in the life of Jesus, when the minds and hearts of His disciples seemed totally depleted of courage and faith, each need was filled. As the disciples beheld the amazing example of Jesus’s quiet surrender to the Father, they learned of the miracle working power of letting go and letting God fill their needs. Their eyes and minds and hearts were opened anew to the message of abundant life, eternal life and love for all humanity.

God’s love and goodness will always fill every need in your circumstances, every hunger of your heart, every longing of your soul for peace and assurance, every good desire for the expression of eternal life and well-being.

Even though it may seem during the challenges of life that you are separated from that which has been your greatest avenue of comfort, security or supply, remember: God always fills your need. No matter how great the gulf seems between you and the solution to your deepest desire, you can trust God. Tell yourself again and again: I let go. God will fill my need.

God never leaves a void. He will never desert you or forsake you, His own creation. God’s presence of love and wisdom is ever nurturing your soul in its gradual unfoldment of spiritual potential. God’s power is ever at work within every circumstance. As you let go and trust God, everything is transformed- yes, everything- into a blessing. God continuously makes dark places light, rough places smooth, crooked places straight and empty places full. Full of His loving kindness and abundance of joy.

Let go. Let God fill your need. Let the creative process of God begin now to fill every point in your life that needs the touch of His great love and healing power. God is ready to do what you cannot do by yourself.

Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

  1. great article. I get so much from going to church, it can be a humbling experience. It's a weekly reminder of how much I have as we pray for others, and to be appreciative of it. And the fact that no matter what's happening to us, God always loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I came by to read the latest post from you and what a pleasant surprise to find that you linked back to me! I love when a blog post inspires another blogger to write about something. So awesome! I liked when you said, "God never leaves a void..." This is so true, and in times of need, we must remember that! Thanks again for linking back. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel a sense of deja vu like i've been here but i have visited so many blogs can't tell

    thanks for visiting me and being a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to "let go and let God." And it does seem like such a cliche. Much like, "Live in the present moment" or "WWJD?" They start to lose their meaning when they are repeated so often. But, their meaning holds true. Hard to remember and hard to execute, but the rewards are worth it.
    Thanks for posting the article and being so honest in all your writings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you don't mind, but I just wrote a post on The Gratitude Challenge that I decided to take and I linked back to you and this post. What a great article! You started to make me think about my attitude. If you have time, I would love to have you stop by and see my post.

    http://dealightfullyfrugal.blogspot.com/2009/10/gratitude-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails