Thursday, September 24, 2009

The 9-minute Snooze...

I'm supposed to clock in at work by 6:25am...after I pushed my snooze button for the third time this morning, I reluctantly and sluggishly drug (lol, or is it dragged) myself out of bed. After a quick jump in the shower, a partial hair drying and putting my PJ's (scrubs) on I rushed out the door so I could speed and pray not to get a ticket.

As I was speeding, err, driving I couldn't help but ask myself--for the second day in a row--why do I use the blasted Snooze button?? Better yet, I've been known to set my alarm 30 minutes earlier than I actually get up just so I could push that little silver button. A couple of weeks ago, as I reached out to push is for the 6th time, I opened one eye to see the red glow of 6:10am; obviously, I was late. I've also had to change my alarm to the really annoying BEEP BEEP because I have this thing about incorporating the music into my dreams.

I've actually contemplated putting it across the room on the dresser but I'm afraid that I'd just get out of bed, turn it off, and climb right back in. My mother is one of those women that has some sort of internal alarm clock that goes off at about 6am every single day. I think she can accomplish more in the first two hours of her day then I accomplish in an entire day. At times I will think to myself "I wish I were a morning person..." while daydreaming about all the things I could get done. Then I realize that I'd probably no longer be a night owl and that thought is inconceivable.

So, I lay it all out...I'm a snoozing addict. Are you a night owl or are you, I can't imagine, a morning person? Anyone else have a relationship with the snooze button they can't seem to break??

3 comments:

  1. I have always set my alarm 20 minutes early just so I can push the snooze button a few times and wake up slowly. This drives my husband crazy because he says it doesn't make sense, but it's how I get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the snooze button! It is only there to cause trouble...ha ha! We have the alarm clock across the room and when it goes off we must get up and stay up. That's the rule, and we follow it. However, my hubby seems to be one of those people with the internal alarm clocks. I on the other hand am not. I wouldn't say I'm a morning person when I have to get up at 6am, but if I got to sleep till 7am and then get up I'm fine! (I always have to get up at 6 though...grr!) I'm not much of a night owl either. However, I have been managing to stay up till 10 and 11 lately and am still doing ok getting up in the morn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have just described my morning routine! I set my alarm at least half an hour earlier so I can hit snooze! Mr.P hates it, he's one of those who roll right out of bed right on the alarm types and he doesn't look back! Like you I tend to incorporate music into my dreams insetad of waking up so I have recorded myself and Mr.P on my phone, to be my alarm, starts off with me saying "Wake Up, it's time to get up" in a singsong voice, followed by Mr.P yelling "Get Up! Get out of Bed!" good incentive to hit snooze before I get to his voice, but it's the only alarm that I actually wake up to.
    And like you, the thought of giving up my night-owl tendancies is too much, which is why I will never be a morning person, even when I have kids (thank God for Mr.P!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails