- Movie. I love movies. Doesn't matter if it's a romance, animated, comedy, action, drama, horror (in really small doses), based on a true story or just so silly it could never be true. I think that I like the whole escapism part where I can cease being me and just completely absorb myself in whatever I'm watching...now that's a good movie...when you can do that! I also think that my life has had enough chaos (good and bad) that maybe I could write a book and have a movie produced about my life. Maybe I'd title it But Such is Life, or maybe not.
- Silence. What is that? I'm not really sure that I know the definition--it's not something that I do very well. Most of the time I'm surrounded by my children and they are definitely never quiet. Maybe it's the fact that I don't have the ability to not talk. When I'm by myself...when there's complete silence...I whistle, I sing, I hum, I tap on the table, I roll a pen between my fingers where it hits my rings and makes a clicky sound. Silence is not me, although at times I wish it were.
- Laughter. What a beautiful sound. What an incredible feeling. There's nothing like a big belly laugh that you can hear from across the room. Better yet, how about the sound of children laughing?? They say that it takes less muscles to smile then it does to frown and while I sometimes question that, I can say that it definitely feels better!
- Medicine. I'm gonna pretend that we're not talking about the cabinet full of medications in my kitchen or the prescriptions that I get to fill every month for my blood pressure and thyroid. I'm thinking more about what it could be like if we had a world full of people that focused on prevention instead of treatment. What if we really ate fresh fruits and veggies daily and cut out all the processed foods? What if we exercised regularly? What if we made sure that we were doing what truly made us happy? What if we cut out alot of the pharmaceuticals and instead focused on whole foods? I'm thankful that I live in the USA where we have some of the best physicians in the world with state of the art treatment, but what if we tried a little bit more of a holistic approach? Would we be better off??
- Rain. There's nothing like sleeping in on a grey morning when it's raining. My hubby loves those rainy days, but I must admit that I think that it should only rain when I'm sleeping so I don't have to see it or be in it. I know the rain is sooo important, however, it usually gives me a sinus headache. I'm a bit like a weather vane and I can literally feel it before it ever gets here. The best thing about rain is the amazing rainbows we get after the storms. Speaking of which, I actually found the end of the rainbow one afternoon, but unfortunately, no pot of gold!
That's my five word challenge! If you're interested in participating, leave a comment, and I'll send you five words as well. Have a wonderful night!