Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kill them with kindness

I try to make my workplace as pleasant as possible. I smile at people, ask how there day is going, help others when I can, and try to be encouraging to my co-workers. Why is it that some people (women in particular) "eat their young". I've seen it happen over and over...new employee enters the unit, workplace, etc. Older employee tries to make life as difficult as possible for that new person. Is it some sort of ritual? Is it some sort of hazing? Does it make them feel superior? Life is hard enough at times. A new job is considered one of the top stressors that a person can have. It's unfortunate that there are so many negative people in this world. Thank goodness that there are plenty of pleasant, optimistic, half glass full kind of folks as well! As for the rest of them...my mom always said "Kill them with kindness".

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails