Thursday, August 27, 2009

Confessions of a Computer Junkie

I must confess that over the past couple of years I have spent way too much time in front of my computer! A little over two years ago my 10 year old nephew introduced me to (I'm really embarrassed to admit this) Runescape. I can't imagine the amount of hours that I put into this game! My armor is from Barrows, I have the most expensive shield--I did get it from killing a black dragon, that is my abyssal whip, my dragon boots, my neitznot helmet, and you can't see my cape. I'm actually a member of an adults only clan and I would visit with people all over the world on Ventrillo. That was the fun part! I'm a level 117 which isn't too bad, but geez. It's unbelievable how much time I gave up with my family to play on this game. I realized how crazy it was several months ago when I was fletching (making bows and arrows)--I'm at level 90, which is about 5 million experience. To get the skill cape I need level 99, which is about 11 million experience. Sanity finally and quickly overtook me and I'm seriously considering cancelling my membership. I was a Runsecape addict and I'm happy to say that I've given up this addiction. Looking back, I believe it was a form of escapism, but I actually desire spending time with my hubby and children now instead of killing dragons and questing. Seriously...this is quite a step for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails