Saturday, November 28, 2009

WHAT TO DO?

Whew...have I ever said that twelve hour shifts are long? I like my job but at the end of the day my feet hurt!
As many know, I went part-time back in early October (or right around there) and I really enjoy the time off. I have considered going back full-time through June, when the kids will finish summer school. Hubby and I think that it would be a real opportunity to save for a down payment on a house or finish paying off the credit cards.
It's really a tough decision because on the days that I work hubby has to get the kids up and ready for school, put in his 8-hour work day, pick the kids up from his mom's, feed the kids, get them ready for bed, and put them to bed. There are times that they are already down when I get home from work or I'm just too exhausted to give them the attention they need. I can guarantee that there will be more fast food meals because I won't be home to cook. Plus, there's just something "right" about me being able to pick them up almost everyday from school.
I have considered trying to find something one day a week for eight hours...then I would be home at a decent time.
Hmmm...maybe I should be prayerful about this? How is it that I forget this simple solution. I've often thought that it would be so much easier if God would talk to me in a burning bush...or send me a big news flash...or hit me over the head with the answer.
So, What To Do??

1 comment:

  1. Do what feels right. It sounds like you don't want to go back full-time, and I don't blame you. You will figure out the solution. Which decision gives you anxiety or makes you feel unsure? That one is probably the wrong decision! Good luck to you! And yes, say a prayer. Maybe the answer will come to you in your dreams.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails