Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Call me Oscar the Grouch

I'm a grump...a crab...call me Oscar the Grouch! Somehow I woke up scowling and haven't felt like smiling yet. I hate to admit it, but as I was helping my kids get ready for school, I wasn't the most pleasant mommy. My answers were short and my voice was probably louder than it should have been. It has been one of those mornings where I keep thinking to myself "Why are you acting this way? Why are you saying these things? Why don't you keep your mouth shut?"

I work again tomorrow and I sit and look at the house. The bathrooms need cleaned. The kitchen needs cleaned. My bedroom is a wreck. And I want to climb in bed and ignore it all.

My mother-in-law always says "This too shall pass," and it will. My crabbiness will get better, the house will finally get cleaned, and life in general won't look so bleak. I know that I have so much to be thankful for, especially as we enter this Chritmas season, and I need to focus on that which is positive. It's supposed to be 55 degrees and sunny today...I should probably go out and get some Vitamin D therapy.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions, not our circumstances. -- Martha Washington


1 comment:

  1. It's weird because my house can be a mess for days and then all the sudden for some unknown reason, a switch goes off and I'm ticked about it! Then I go on a frenzy. My last frenzy was in April. I need one.

    You give away your Ohio roots by the way you phrase things. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails