Wednesday, December 9, 2009

ZOOM!!

ZOOOOOOOM!! That's how fast the time is going. Oh my goodness, it's only 16 days until Christmas and I'm so not ready. This year I get to work Christmas Eve, the weekend after Christmas, and New Year's Day (yes, I also got to work Thanksgiving). Notice how I say I "get" to...are you totally digging my positive attitude? I know I've said this before but I wish that I could push the pause button on life. Life just seems to keep going and somehow I seem to get left behind at times.

So, hubby and I were sitting on the sofa a little while ago, getting ready to put the kids to bed. Little Miss was playing on the computer and bubby was finishing up his bath. Out of the corner of my eye I see this little creature run past me and around the piano. Believe it or not, it wasn't the gerbils (still waiting to find out if we're going to have babies soon) but the guinea pig. Slick then darted behind the sofa and ran behind the Christmas Tree (which of course, is in the corner and hard to get behind) where he immediately dropped little guinea pig turds. Finally, we chased him down the hall and into bubby's bedroom where we eventually got him back into his cage. Why did I think that these little creatures were a good idea?? Remind me!!

Last week I went over to my aunt's house and we made peanut butter fudge and homemade caramel popcorn. TO DIE FOR!! I got some really cute little containers from dollar general (for $2) and filled them up with popcorn. With baggies full of fudge and little porcelain snowmen in tow we delivered teacher's presents already! Bubby's teacher is having a baby in nine days and I didn't want to not get it to her and have to eat her gift. I plan on posting the recipe next week for that popcorn and believe me, you'll want to try it!!

I work the next two days...have a glorious end of the week!

3 comments:

  1. I am over from MBC. I love your blog! We had a guinea pig, but he never moved! You would take him out of his cage and he would just sit there. Nothing. He died about 2 months ago, so we are down to a cat. I am not in a hurry to get any more critters. The 3 kids are enough! Come over and check me out!

    yepisaidthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never wanted one of those little furry friends because they're too close to mice for my liking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had guinea pigs growing up and they freaked me out. I didn't care for them at all. The pb fudge and caramel corn sounds delicious! Those are great gifts!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails